The A.C. Nexus – Civil Concept from July, 2017 will start to implement a 5 (five) month project ” Platform for Stimulating Active Citizens’ Participation: Get Informed, be Active, Vote!” aimed to raise awareness among the youth for the importance to vote and participate in decision making process, as well for the questions of their importance. The beneficiaries will be youth 18-29 years old from Macedonia and all Macedonian citizens with their right to vote.
The organization will conduct a campaign that will motivate youth to vote through various activities. Namely, the project is ahead of the following Local elections in R. Macedonia. The goal of the project is to cover directly the youth with their right to vote from the High Schools, Students from the University of Sc. Cyril and Methodius from Skopje, SUT from Tetovo, whilst indirectly will be covered all other voters in R. Macedonia.
- The overall objective of the project is: To empower the youth and to enable environment for exercising the right to vote as a key element to change their attitude toward elections, voting and decision making processes.
- The specific objectives are: To raise awareness in society in general, and especially among the youth for the importance of participation in voting processes, decision making processes of their interest, promotion, support and motivate active citizenship by establishing a platform for stimulating active participation of citizens.
- Raised awareness among youth for the importance of their vote, and that voting is not only their right, but an obligation as well;
- Increased percentage of young voters for additional 15%;
- Young people are encouraged for critical thinking, participation in decision making processes, and feel the benefits from practicing democratic processes.
- Increased visibility of youth in political agendas and manifestos of political parties;
- Established platform for active citizen participation in the form of web application adjusted for all smart phones and devices, which will continue to function as well for the future electoral processes.
- Will generate “culture of voting”, those who vote for the first time as young, will continue voting in their life process and when get older.
The project is financed by