NEXUS – Civil Concept starts with the implementation of the project „I elect, I watch“ together with the partner organization Center for Education and Development (CED) from Tearce. The project is part of the grants from the Center for Change Management (CCM) from Skopje, in cooperation with the Association for Management Consulting 2000 (MKA-2000) and the Center for Investigative Journalism SKUP-Macedonia (SKUP-Macedonia) implements the project “Monitoring the principles of Public Administration in the Preservation of Values of Good Governance” funded by the Delegation of the European Union in the frames of IPA Civil Society Facility and Media Programme 2015.
Representative of NEXUS – Civil Concept is one of the two program experts for the preparation of quarterly reports for the given SIGMA principles and the case study for the Tetovo region.
The project will last for 15 months.
General purpose of the project: Improving the work of local governments through the establishment of monitoring mechanisms and standards according to the SIGMA principles for public service and human resources management and public finance management for continuation of public administration reforms.
Specific objective of the project: Strengthening the cooperation between CSOs and local authorities in participating in the creation and monitoring of public policies based on evidence and analysis.
Target group: The units of local self-governments Tearce and Tetovo
- Established mechanisms for monitoring Local Self-Government Units (LSGs) in order to implement public administration reform (PAR).
- Local Civic Organizations (CSOs) actively participate in monitoring of the work of local governments related to PAR.
- Implementation of the established standards for following the SIGMA principles: Public Service and Human Resources Management and Public Finance Management in the Municipalities of Tearce and Tetovo.
- A case study prepared for the Tetovo region.
Location: Municipality of Tearce and Municipality of Tetova
- Preparation of five quarterly reports on the application of the SIGMA principles covered by the project at the level of the units of the local self-government.
- Organizing a debate on a local level in order to encourage discussion of public policies among relevant stakeholders
- Preparation of a case study for one of the SIGMA principles
Read more about the project on the web page of the CCM