The NEXUS’s representative Afrodita Musliu as a Trainer and Facilitator for OSCE Transnational Threat Department | Action against Terrorism Unit together with other Team of facilitators and trains has provides the first training Modul 1 for Leaders against Intolerance and Violent Extremism’ (LIVE) which is an OSCE programme designed to build the capacity of civil society in fostering community resilience to violent extremism and radicalization that lead to terrorism (VERLT).
LIVE is intended to benefit people with leadership potential who are well-connected in their communities, actively contributing to a positive change, and motivated to make an impact against violent extremism. It is designed for persons whose potential can be leveraged, rather than for persons who are already experts in the area of preventing violent extremism. The LIVE training is intended to strengthen their skills and knowledge, so they can further contribute to building resilience of local communities to violent extremism.
During Module 1, the participants have gained and strengthen their knowledge and skills to identify a relevant action idea to work on, and identified the planning steps required to bring this action idea to fruition. Following Module 1 they are able to:
- Identify the diverse human security needs in their community
- Understand the complex nature of violent extremism and radicalization to violence
- Discuss the roles of stakeholders representing multiple sectors relevant to preventing and countering violent extremism and different response frameworks
- Recognize their own role in preventing violent extremism and how to build coalitions to support it
- Understand the importance of protection and promotion of human rights in responses to violent extremism and terrorism
- Understand how the Internet can be exploited by violent extremist and terrorist groups and the potential of online spaces for efforts to prevent violent extremism
- Assess the personal and organizational risks associated with the work
- Design thoughtful and locally-relevant action ideas/ initiatives ideas aiming to prevent violent extremism